I'm an independent IT consultant, and many many of my customers are on iDrive as usually it just works.
One customer, single machine (Server 2012R2), doing file only backup on iDrive daily - working perfectly.
Sunday 22 May, server had latest updates applied, iDrive client updated, and rebooted.
Since then, the backups do not work suggesting internet connection issue. I've logged out of the client, and cannot log in "Unable to connect, try again".
* The username/password is correct - logs into web portal fine. Also, on another machine on another location, it works fine.
* Another iDrive account that works fine also gets the same error on the client
* I have removed the client, cleaned settings data, cleaned all keys etc, reinstalled the client, same issue.
* Windows firewall is off (always is as behind external firewall)
* Firewall allows all outgoing traffic and not been touched in 6mths+
* AV is not blocking anything (Sophos corporate), web filtering off.
* Server is hosted in Rackspace if that matters
* Checked https://www.idrive.com/online-backup-firewall-guidance and checked connectivity over shown ports to all IPs given, and connection from me to those ports works fine. (Proves firewall isn't blocking if nothing else!)
I had an online chat on Sunday, got nowhere, call logged. Had emails today saying with 2nd line. However, no facts, no information, and 36 hours down on paid-for backup software is shocking.
The scripted responses are also shocking on here!
Of course, iDrive have been suggesting its at my end blocking it. As I can connect to the servers and ports given, I doubt that, but...
I'm also sure I had this many moons ago with another client and it just started working later.
- Is there any way to test connectivity with a debug mode or test client?
- Any other possible fixes?